WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install on your computer, smartphone, tablet or connected television when you access them. They may have a large variety of functions: saving your browsing preferences, gathering statistical information, enabling certain technical functionalities, storing and retrieving information on the browsing habits or preferences of a user or their device and even, on occasion and depending on the information they contain and the way you use your device, recognising it. A cookie is stored on a computer to personalise user browsing and make it as easy as possible. Cookies are only linked to a user and their computer and do not provide references that allow the user's personal information to be extrapolated. Users can configure their browser to notify them if a website tries to install a cookie, or can deny the installation.
Two main groups of cookies exist today:
- Own cookies: These are cookies sent to the user terminal from equipment or a domain managed by the editor themself, from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are cookies sent to the user terminal from equipment or a domain not managed by the editor, but rather by another organisation which processes the data obtained through cookies.
WHY ARE THEY IMPORTANT?
Cookies are useful for a number of reasons. From the technical point of view, they enable web page functions to be more agile and adapted to user preferences, for example storing habitual language or currency information of user country. In addition, they help the persons running websites to improve the services they offer by collecting statistical information. Lastly, they make the advertising we display more efficient, which allows us to offer free services.
Browsing this portal means that the types of cookies described below can be installed. According to the purpose for which the data collected by cookies is processed, they can be classified into:
- Technical cookies: These allow users to browse via a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services existing on it, such as controlling data traffic and communication, session identification, logging in to restricted access areas, listing items in an order, going through the purchase process for an order, requests to sign up for or take part in an event, use security elements during browsing, storing content for video or sound broadcasts and sharing content via social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow users to log on to the service with a number of pre-set general features defined according to a series of criteria in the user terminal, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration for where the service is being accessed from, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the person responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites linked to these cookies. The information gathered by this type of cookies is used to measure website, application or platform activity and to draw up the browsing profiles of users of these websites, applications and platforms so that improvements can be implemented based on analysing the usage data of users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These enable the most efficient management possible of advertising spaces which, where applicable, editors have placed on a web page, application or platform offering the service requested, based on criteria such as published content or frequency of advertisement display.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These enable the most efficient management possible of advertising spaces which, where applicable, editors have placed on a web page, application or platform offering the service requested. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which enables a specific profile to be developed so that advertisements can be displayed that match this profile.
WHICH COOKIES ARE ON THE WEBSITE www.profiltek.com?
So that you are fully informed, the table below shows exactly what types of cookie are included on our website and exactly what each type does.
|OWN COOKIES PROPIE|
|ASPSESSIONID[random]||Session, registration, product purchase, data for distinguishing between free services and paid services.||Registration management. Provide information society services requested by users and in compliance with applicable terms and conditions.||-|
|THIRD PARTY COOKIES|
(The information below has been provided by third parties)
|YouTube is the online video platform which permits multimedia files to be played; the files are kept in its servers.||Compiling information and providing information on YouTube video use statistics.||-|
|Analytical||googleadservices.com||aid||Google Analytics is an analysis tool that helps websites and application owners to understand how visitors interact with their properties.||Google conversion cookie which helps advertisers measure how many times individuals clicking on their advert end up purchasing their products.||-|
|Google Analytics||_utma||Google Analytics is an analysis tool that helps websites and application owners to understand how visitors interact with their properties.||To collate information and provide statistics on website use without personally identifying Google visitors.||See|
|doubleclick.net is the advertising tool.||To collate information and display and control advertising matching user interests.||-|
|Gathers information for Google advertising.||We use these cookies to make advertising more attractive to users and more valuable for editors and advertisers.||-|
HOW CAN I CONFIGURE MY PREFERENCES?
You can permit, block or remove cookies installed on your device using your internet browser configuration options. Shown below are links to information on how to activate your preferences in the main browsers.
Similarly, you can visit the Your Online Choices portal where, in addition to finding useful information you can also configure, provider by provider, your preferences regarding third party advertising cookies.
WHAR HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
In the event of blocking or not accepting the installation of cookies, some of the services offered on our website which require these cookies may not function and, therefore, will not be available to you, so you will not be able to make full use of everything that our websites and applications offer. It is also possible that the website will not function as well as it otherwise would.